Sunday, June 25, 2023

Because I Talk To God

Because I Talk To God
© Surazeus
2023 06 25

Because I talk to sad ghost in the tree 
the horse in the river laughs at the way 
my face disappears from mirror of wind, 
except the man on the radio shouts 
about the global threat to liberty, 
so I sit on the porch and drink blood tea. 

Because I talk to mad goat on the lawn 
he transforms into boy with curly hair 
who offers wine to women stuck at home 
so I play bone flute in light of the moon 
while they dance on skulls of dead presidents, 
disrupting traffic on interstate highways. 

Because I talk to demon with six wings 
trapped inside the cracked television screen 
my mouth is stuffed with ancient words I steal 
from beautiful prophet in golden cage 
who reads her poetry on empty stage 
while turtles crawl over sand to the sea. 

Because I talk to deep hole in the Earth 
Arimaxus leaps across the abyss 
to give me love letter Clementine wrote 
before she went swimming among the clouds 
to find Cave of Illusions in my head 
where the blind philosopher counts the ways. 

Because I talk to castle on the hill 
Ophelia brings me flowers and herbs 
to heal the common people sick from plague 
who gather in the empty church to pray 
for salvation from idol in the mud 
till warriors spring from dragon teeth of rage. 

Because I talk to monster of the deep 
Neptune teaches me how to tame wild horse 
so I can explore cities of the world 
where women tend gardens in walls of stone 
while their husbands march to fight holy wars, 
running in trenches with arrogant guns. 

Because I talk to smiling Cheshire cat 
Alice explains how we should navigate 
maze of myths where statues of dead gods sing 
so I descend to bottom of the sea 
in yellow submarine made of whale bones 
to find the titan Saturn still asleep. 

Because I talk to God inside my head 
Jesus Christ asks if I want to play chess 
so we set up round table on the beach 
and drink wine while stars spiral overhead 
till I become bright shadow of the wind 
that whispers in fruit trees of paradise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment