Saturday, June 10, 2023

Broken Lyre Of Honesty

Broken Lyre Of Honesty
© Surazeus
2023 06 10

Strolling out through my mind to the dark woods, 
with each book ever written in my hands, 
I fall into wild fire of naked words 
that burns my anguished soul into bronze mask 
I wear to play Apollo on world stage 
while strumming broken lyre of honesty. 

When god-sized shadow of the wingless angel 
hovers over valley of singing skulls 
I shout with mute assertion at Glow Cloud 
that I am not his unusable tree 
composed of mortal wood from rancid mud 
while I curl roots into heart of the Earth. 

Since I would never dare quarrel with time, 
who will erase me from this universe, 
I keep unsecret stories of my soul 
programmed by my ancestors in my brain 
that build my body from aggressive hope 
through fiction of duration I devise. 

Stumbling into empty church of dead gods, 
I find statues of seers I want to play 
on global stage of fame to prove I am 
more than this body of muscle and blood,  
Orpheus, Phoebus, Apollo, and Mithras, 
shining paragons of narrative tropes. 

Blinded by the God-tilted light of Heaven, 
which emanates from mocking radios, 
I fly on boneless wings of innocence 
high over telephone wires that connect 
computerized brains in the world wide web 
so I can walk Bridge of Forgetfulness. 

We beam our souls through fingers into words 
that slither on serpentine lust for truth 
in crackling network of the world wide web 
till we become the singing ghosts of faith 
composed of crystal energy we taste 
while drinking courage on the moonlit porch. 

Desperately chanting my hieratic spell 
through Orphic drowning man reborn as Zeus, 
I join the shrieking flock of singing ghosts 
disguised as crows on wet telephone lines 
to analyze Zodiac code of our fate 
when we wrestle with otherness of us. 

While avatar of the American Sublime 
walks signless road to Garden of Desire, 
I stare at my face in the mirror mask 
to hear the subtle shifting shape of rain 
for I am shimmer of sunlight on water, 
awake before the first word Mother speaks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment