Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Ghost Voice Of Tiresias

Ghost Voice Of Tiresias
© Surazeus
2023 06 21

With box of broken toys from my childhood, 
I wander through the crowded restaurant 
to search for glamorous idol of my wife 
who flits on frail gossamer wings of love 
between the smiling masks that strangers wear 
till she transforms into the agile deer. 

Since I am merry wanderer of the night 
disguised as prancing horse with flowing mane 
I gallop fast as wind till I am fire 
that swirls in silver mist of moon-lit flight 
to run with frantic joy in sudden rain 
till I transform into the falcon gyre. 

Yet as I enter temple feasting hall 
eight hundred people in blue robes cry hail 
and cheer when I at last find where she waits 
in shining shadow of the primal star 
inside vast boundless cavern of my heart 
so I give her box of my broken toys. 

Reaching her hand down from red glowing cloud, 
my wife with hundred thousand spider eyes 
transforms my body from male to female 
so I experience giving birth to gods 
who fight galactic wars for worshippers 
till I transform back into Jupiter. 

With ghost voice of Tiresias I sing 
conceptual ballad of my futile quest 
to find the phoneline-tangled angel wing 
that I can use to ride the dragon west 
till I forge from despair the magic ring 
by which I compose this new Almagest. 

In grim portentous House of Broken Doors 
I play the merry prankster Puck with faith 
that I may yet outwit the angel Death 
who chases me across the gleaming moors 
to find the writhing serpent of my mind 
till I transform back into Lucifer. 

While hunting demons in Broceliande 
I stumble on Pool where Artemis bathes 
who shoots sharp arrow in my aching heart 
that wakes me from strange enchanting dream 
when Echo mistakes me for her Narcissus 
and kisses me with anguish of desire. 

Wounded by Well of Forgotten Dreams, 
where ghastly visions of war plague my heart, 
I explain to Melusine with earnest hope 
how I map signless roads of the Waste Land 
so traumatized souls who escape from church 
colonize Hell with movie theaters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment