Friday, June 1, 2018

Wall Of Men Instead Of Stone

Wall Of Men Instead Of Stone
© Surazeus
2018 06 01

"The citadel is better fortified
that has a wall of men instead of stone,"
she smiles when she brings me fruit at midnight
while I keep watch over our paradise.

"When elephants fight the grass will get hurt,"
she shouts when I defend our paradise
against thieves who swarm over sturdy walls,
so we escape into forest of fear.

"Slippery ground does not recognize a king,"
she says to me with a smirk on her lips
just as I slip on my arrogant pride
and fall nine days and nights to cave of shadows.

"To live with wolves you must howl like a wolf,"
she whispers in my ear when I wake up
and helps me stand in the bleak wilderness
where nameless people wander without purpose.

"Though the world is flooded the duck will swim,"
she laughs and holds my hand as we plunge deep
into sloshing swamp to escape the wolves,
then swim in silence under the bright moon.

"The frog in the pond knows not the great sea,"
she sighs when we kneel by the sparkling fountain
to refresh out hearts with soul of the Earth
then sit together under tall fruit tree.

"Fruits from the same tree have different tastes,"
she grimaces when she eats a bad apple
so we share mine when the sun rises gold
over distant hills to shine on our faces.

"The hen should never marry the sly fox,"
she purrs while kissing me in gentle breeze,
then pulls me deep into her aching heart
and we make love as rain falls on the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment