Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Immortal God In Flesh

Immortal God In Flesh
© Surazeus
2018 06 19

As I move carefully through maze of life,
eyes flashing hallucinations of hope,
to navigate strange puzzle of desire,
I feel my consciousness expand each hour
with flames consuming forests of concepts,
increasing my capacity to feel
ecstatic revelation of weird truth
that conjures virtual model of the world.

The deeper I dig through soil of my brain,
shoving shovel of agony to tear
painful truth from experience of hope
into conceptual mine of archetypes,
the longer I can sustain ecstasy
of sensual pleasure from flashes of visions
when god of my brain creates world of creatures
who perform script of dramatic desire.

When the young boy, born as son of the king,
assumes position of authority
at death of his father, to play grand role
of god-father over obedient people,
he kneels in chapel as angels sing hymns
and sees vision of himself as wise fool
performing divine role of God on Earth,
then feels his soul inflate huge as white clouds.

Thus mortal man believes himself to be
immortal god in transient flesh of man,
so all must obey word of his command
and kneel low before high authority,
or he must burn them in the fires of truth
to prevent rebellion against his rule
when blind fools are tempted by Lucifer
to fight against king appointed by God.

Eight hundred years later, after that king
died of old age, hallucinating how
God smiles at him as he floats up in clouds
of blazing glory, I sit at wood desk
and relive memory of his ecstasy
of transcendent vision because I am
descended from his body of frail flesh,
and his dreams are recorded in my brain.

How foolish his delusions seem to me
that he would think he was God in the flesh
of mortal man to play the role of king
by accident of birth because his father
killed his uncles and brothers in fierce war
over who will play role of God on Earth,
and yet I have benefit of clear hindsight
to see we are but coils of flashing genes.

How many people fighting to live free
did my ancestors kill in brutal wars
to prove they are the representative
of invisible god dwelling in clouds,
who appears to wide eyes of mortal fools
as shimmering cloud of transcendent light,
forcing people to worship them or die,
so here I am alive while they are dead?

They are but fantasies now in my head,
disembodied spirits of arrogant kings
expressing privilege of divine right
to control people who work on the land
and cower before judgment of his hand,
while I walk alone in streets of vast cities
after world wars destroyed Kingdom of Christ
so everyone lives free from tyranny.

I laughed the hour when I first realized
vast system of priests operating churches
in bold power game of Christianity
is nothing more than political party
that states only blood descendants of Jesus
may rule as kings over nations of men,
like Roman emperors sprang from Hercules,
so the Church always was base of the State.

Though arrogant kings are awake in my head
so are humble farmers and clever craftsmen
who focused their attention on creation
of food that nourishes our mortal bodies,
and construction of homes, wagons, and ships
so we can dwell safe from wild elements
and navigate the landscape of the world,
transforming waste land into paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment