Sunday, June 10, 2018

Judgment Of Serapis

Judgment Of Serapis
© Surazeus
2018 06 10

Tall palm trees rustle in the river breeze
where pretty girls sing in the summer glow,
holding hands as they dance in swirling ring
around horned cows that graze on pungent grass.
"I am Aset, princess of the black soil,
daughter of Set who slew Apep the Snake,
and Anat daughter of the Storm God Baal,
so I am lightning that makes fruit trees grow.
Come play with me, Apis, my gentle lover,
and bring me diamonds from the mines of death
so I can dream creation of the world
that flashes visions in heart of bright jewels."

Young Apis leaps into the ring of girls
and somersaults on top the largest cow
then stands before the beautiful Aset
who takes him in her arms with sensuous kiss.
"My father wants me to learn martial arts,
riding chariots and shooting arrows swift,
so I can lead our warriors out to war,
killing men to defend our fertile land.
I ran away from the harsh training camp
because I want to dance with you instead,
to make love with you on the river shore
and eat delicious fruit while music plays."

While Apis and Aset kiss and make love,
stretched languidly on soft tiger-fur rug,
Osiris appears on galloping horse,
wearing his war crown with cobra and vulture.
"Rise from your soft bed of decadent pleasure,
for I am Osiris, your royal father,
who commands you return to your duty
learning how to rule as Pharaoh of Kemet.
You cannot marry Aset as your bride
for she is daughter of my brother Set
who leads large army to attack us now
because he wants to rule as king in my place."

Rising from sensuous arms of sweet Aset,
Apis stands between his father and bride,
torn in his heart between both love and war,
considering how he wants to live his life.
"I love to taste pleasures in life of peace,
making love with Aset in the moonlight,
dancing with tunes of tambourines and flutes,
and talking about nature of the world.
I do not want to fight and kill good men
for Set is your brother and thus my uncle,
but he threatens to kill you and take my crown,
so I must kill him or he will kill me."

Leaping in the chariot drawn by two horses,
Apis dons war crown and grasps twanging bow,
then snaps reins and leads army of warriors
beside his father to fight against his uncle.
Osiris and Set meet on field of battle
and fight in brutal combat with their hands
till Set stabs the beating heart of Osiris,
and tears his whole body into twelve parts.
"Uncle Set, you killed my father Osiris,
and made yourself the king of all our land,
and though you offer to crown me the king
after you die, I will crown myself king."

Apis meets Set on bloody field of battle
and wrestles against him in the hot wind
till he chops off the head of his weak uncle,
and stands over him bleeding in the sand.
"I wanted to enjoy pleasures of love,
dancing with my lover in summer breeze,
drinking wine and eating fruit by the river,
and talking of nature while music plays.
My father commanded I fight this war
and defend my right to wear crown of Narmer,
so I fought and killed father of my bride,
and now my heart is wounded with the horror."

Apis ascends the Pyramid of Ptah
where Anat crowns him Pharaoh of Kemet
and Aset places in his divine hands
the shepherd crook, the flail, and the gold Ankh.
"Now I am Serapis, Pharaoh of Kemet,
and once I was young boy who loved pleasure,
but I had to fight and kill my bold uncle,
so I cannot play, and now I must rule.
When I was human I could laugh and play,
but now as Pharaoh I am God on Earth,
and I must rule our land with divine laws,
and fight to defend all your lives from harm."

Serapis sits on the gold judgment throne
and Aset sits beside him on her throne,
while holding baby Horus on her lap,
as they together rule the land of Kemet.
"Though I now rule as God above all men
I must remember when I was young boy
and how I wanted nothing but to play
so I can know how common people feel.
They all want nothing more than love and pleasure
so though I suffered fighting brutal war
I focus principles of justice to rule
in favor of happiness and love for all."

No comments:

Post a Comment