Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Mute Prophet In Your City Park

Mute Prophet In Your City Park
© Surazeus
2018 06 12

Among whispering trees in your city park
the old bearded man with lightning-clear eyes
watches bright cars flowing by on the road
and people playing their roles in businesses.

"From the perspective of historians,
who study lives of people who perform
deeds that alter course of human events,
I am the biggest failure of all men.
When I was young I felt the call of God
to be his prophet, speaking his true word,
so I studied holy books of the world
but found they are stories of great wise men.
I searched for God, the supernatural mind
of wisdom that designed the universe,
but found atoms that congregate in void,
forming planets that nurture conscious life.
While standing on the mountain by the sea
I saw grand vision of human history
guided by wise men who comprehend nature,
worshipped now by men as immortal God.
Inspired by vision, I wanted to reform
false Christian vision of our universe,
teaching that Jesus was good mortal man
who founded regal dynasties of kings.
I wanted to design the new world view
based on ontology of swerving atoms
how actions cause construction and destruction
to replace the false world view about God.
No supernatural man created Earth
but mortal men rule empires as god-kings,
so we measure the real world we perceive
to formulate clear scientific laws.
I have clear vision in my little brain
how we can replace the world view of spirits
with the more accurate world view of atoms
so we can make decisions based on truth.
I failed to transform our national world view
from the heavenly Ideas of Plato
to the swerving atoms of Epicurus,
leading my people to the real Elysium.
Our culture transforms in recurring cycles
so now the world view that everyone shares
disintegrates into fragments of lies,
leaving us free to create new world view.
What new religion of common assumptions
will bind our minds with standard set of stories
that praise as heroes people who explore
our real world to express truth we perceive?
We live together on this spinning globe,
presenting tales of ancestral success,
so I want to compile in holy book
stories of people who research real truth.
Yet here I sit alone in city park,
discarded by my swift society
to wander useless among whispering trees
and mumble to myself with broken heart.
I want to save the people of our planet
and teach them how to perceive the real world
but my voice is the barking of the dog
so I sit mute and hungry in the rain."

Among whispering trees in your city park
the old bearded man lies down in the rain
and shivers till his spirit dissipates,
then police take his body to the morgue.
Nobody comes with stories of his name
so they cremate his body in hot flames
then scatter his ashes in winds of time
till he transforms into whole continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment