Saturday, June 23, 2018

Man In The Maze

Man In The Maze
© Surazeus
2018 06 23

Will I ever find the Man in the Maze,
the secret self I design for myself
to play when I explore maze of my life,
based on characters of gods in old myths
I found written in legendary tales
of forgotten holy books no one reads
in the town library one afternoon
while sitting in the quiet glow of lamps?

I travel through the endless maze of life,
encountering strange dramatic events
on stages without walls where people die,
till I reach the place at the heart of hope,
then turn around and go back where I came
so I move forward to the secret core
in the middle of the maze where I find
the mirror of my eyes looking at me.

Each time I fall in the maze of desire,
I pick myself up from bottomless grave
and continue on and on to the place
where I find the true complete self I invent,
so I stop and gaze in the memory
of ten thousand mirrors which show my way
designing the maze of my life I map
by each moment I choose to turn aside.

I map the maze of my life with my feet,
tracing the round shape of the spinning world
to ever evade the center still point
where the Man in the Maze looks back at me
from the core of myself where I remain
moving forward on progress of slow change
to become the person I dream about
who will reveal the secret name I reflect.

Emerging alive from the cave of shadows,
after the flood destroyed the world I made,
I throw rocks in the river to build mountain
where I plant the tree with the fruit of life,
so the wolf and the raven follow me
everywhere I go in the maze of dreams,
and gather lost children in ring of stones
where I teach them to write letters as signs.

This Rune I mark on wood signifies sound
we express with our mouths to speak thought words
that conjure ideas of solid things
so you see vision of action I dream
when I sing spells that make you see illusions
flashing half-seen before your watching eyes
that guide you to explore the maze of life,
teaching you when to turn toward your true heart.

When they wander lost in the maze of life
and venture too close to the cave of death
I reprimand the children of my heart
to teach them how to walk efficient path,
but they rebel against my harsh command
and strike me down so I float in the gloom
of dreamless death, but lightning sparks my heart
so I rise reborn to walk in wild rain.

I stand on towering stone in laughing wind
when children I raised throw stones at my heart,
but I sing flashing spells that blind their eyes
and cause them to kneel in helpless despair
so they turn and run from the maze I made
and escape into the Valley Beyond
where they see me in the heart of their maze
for I am the Man in the Maze they love.

After turning and turning through my maze
in circles that loop backward on themselves
I return to my primal cave of shadows
where I sit alone in heart of the mountain
and gaze in the mirror of my own mask
that reveals every moment of my life
when I stood at the edge of songless death
and turned aside to find the hearth of flame.

At last in the maze of my life I find
the mistake in the turn of each new choice
that opens the door of infinite change
so I step out beyond the bounds of time
and soar on wings of light to singing stars
where in the heart of the spiraling sun,
that reflects pulsing atoms of our eyes,
I find the Man in the Maze of Myself.

1 comment: