Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Fracture Of The Sky

Fracture Of The Sky
© Surazeus
2018 06 12

Watching the pale blue sky fade to blood red,
I quietly sip hot chocolate on the porch
on this sultry summer evening in Georgia
while crickets by the creek discuss world peace.

I want to tear down the huge cement wall
where the blind prophet in the desert wind
stares mute into the abyss of despair
then sings the Ballad of the Jester King.

Standing alone on the signless highway,
I strum twisted heartstrings on my guitar
and mumble riddles no one understands
to conjure rain from the indifferent sea.

The ghost of my lover only I see
reflects aching emptiness of her absence
expanding vortex of hunger disturbed
from hollow abhorrence twisted from truth.

My listless footsteps in the slithering sand
dissolve into thick substance of the Earth,
recording wordless sorrow I express
with drops of rain from fracture of the sky.

The cracked mirror dissolves my other face
so I must wear this mask I lost at birth
to shout with antic glee in summer rain
and mock the hypocrites who invent rules.

The key to understand with honest heart
the riddles she conceals with diamond ring
I hide inside the statue of Apollo
who stands above my grave in rainless storm.

Every human society is based
on production of food from fertile land
and distribution of food to large stores
where deserving people consume despair.


No comments:

Post a Comment