Tuesday, April 24, 2018

White Clouds In Blue Skies

White Clouds In Blue Skies
© Surazeus
2018 04 24

While standing before the red-brick library,
gazing at white clouds in shimmering blue sky,
I wonder why we feel such peaceful joy
at this sight so familiar to our minds.

Since we first crawled up rivers to fresh lakes,
and poked our heads above the water surface,
we have gazed with perceptive eyes of hope
at white clouds in blue skies over green hills.

After huddling in caves to hide our souls
from brutal thunderstorms of wet black clouds,
we gazed with joy when the gold sun peaked forth,
illuminating hills of wind-swirled trees.

In some lush valley on wide river shore
we ate mushrooms and danced with dreaming joy
in ring of stones that measured the sun flash,
then drank sweet wine that flushed our beating hearts.

We danced inside that ring of sun-flash stones
with every full moon for two thousand years,
sharing stories about our tribal heroes,
till our children scattered across the land.

Though no one dances now in that lost ring,
and only sad wind sings across the valley,
yet that eternal dance of human joy
still pulses in the heartbeat of my dreams.

I feel the energy of that wild dance,
and dream the visions of those charming songs,
woven in strands of my genetic code,
triggered when new music begins to beat.

I see reflected in the clear blue sky
visions of human experience on Earth
recorded through archetypes of my brain
that guide me to play my own role in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment