Monday, April 23, 2018

To Gain Immortal Life

To Gain Immortal Life
© Surazeus
2018 04 23

The circle of water in the wood bowl
that spirals from my brain to distant stars
reveals electric sentence of the whole
connecting me to computers and cars.

Though I reveal secret of living well
to analyze the process of our kiss
we giggle at the tolling of the bell
and by the river share connubial bliss.

Through labyrinth of mirrored eyes we run
in nubile elegance of leaping joy
to flee the man who claims he owns the sun
then leave our robot selves as slick decoy.

We journey far along the winding stream
to flee the clanking chains of slavery
and found new commune on the noble theme
that all might live in loving harmony.

Some arrogant man always tries to claim
that he should reign as king by rule of law
but if we refuse to play his power game
his empire will fall from his fatal flaw.

We paint our story on the temple wall
so when our skulls smile on the altar stone
our children will gather in feasting hall
to worship Liberty in the Truth Zone.

With money we fund production of goods
through capital that operates factories,
then distribute to all our neighborhoods
equal wealth to feed all communities.

I want to build infrastructure of wealth
that sustains every honest citizen
so we can work and play in thriving health
that confirms our soul through strict discipline.

Yet all material structures are frail things
that crumble into particles of light
and, though I thought we were angels with wings,
I see creatures grow, then decay from blight.

I wish we could wield supernatural powers
like mythic gods or comic superheroes
but we are humans toiling among flowers,
innocent children gazing from small windows.

I sit alone in my home by the woods
and sing my little vision of the world
which I then publish in cute picture books
that cogitate where the dragon lies curled.

We leave our books behind like barrier reef,
great wall of stories that divine the Earth
which segregate experience into belief
to gain immortal life through child rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment