Friday, April 27, 2018

Revenge Of Alastor

Revenge Of Alastor
© Surazeus
2018 04 27

We see the star of the angel fall
and explode in black cloud of nuclear flame
so we surround garden with haven wall
to protect secret of our family name.

Ten thousand people with fire-burned skin
wander blasted cities in hungry packs
but indifferent Earth continues to spin
and swallows their souls through infernal cracks.

I hope that through experiences of life
I change and grow into my better self
by managing peace through chaos of strife
then writing my tale in books on the shelf.

Five hundred years ago sagacious brains
could analyze flow of social events
to predict effects on multiple planes
by noting progress of cause from portents.

When people saw their predictions come true
they praised them as prophets and oracles
but now any person who notes the clue
can explain the process of miracles.

When the angel crowned me the messenger
I wrote the history of the world in blood
since we humans are but the passenger
riding the boat carried off by the flood.

Our planet of atoms spins through the void
alone in the vast emptiness of space
so I spend each day gainfully employed
charting immigration in the soul race.

Now I sit by wall of heaven and brood
on how every human predicts the future
because each prophet sired the wisest brood
whose progress on the path of life is smoother.

While sailing my boat on Ligurian Sea
I see the poet Shelley rise from wild waves
and gaze at me with bright eyes burning free
who commissions me to free all the slaves.

I follow his weird spirit as Alastor
who leads me through ten thousand crowded towns
to avenge evil deeds of the pastor
who deceives with his gang of clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment