Sunday, April 22, 2018

Uncaring Universe

Uncaring Universe
© Surazeus
2018 04 22

My heart glows with love that you all are here.
I would rather die at home by my hearth,
but these machines in the sterile hospital
keep my alive just long enough to share
the love I feel for every one of you.

What story should I tell you now that I
am dying? Should I tell you about the time
I thought the universe was good and kind
and cared about me as great loving God
that everyone told me was real and strong?
I know now that the universe of things
is indifferent to my existence, therefore
I should treat other people with that kindness
I once expected from the universe.

Although the whole vast universe itself
is indifferent to any living creature,
yet we are part of the whole universe.
So are we part of that indifference
since we are products of the universe?
Since we all are the most integral part
of this universe through chemical functions
of molecules that interact through force,
we are that conscious part of the universe
that cares, so from the indifference of nature
we transform into creatures who do care.

Though nature is mindless we each have minds
that perceive the blind functionings of nature
and act to create rather than destroy.

Although the natural functions of my body
are breaking down in the process of death,
I savored the sweetness of being alive,
and always tried to act toward everyone
with caring love the universe must want,
since through the strange progress of evolution
the universe is attempting to create
more efficient bodies that function better.

We must continue caring for each other
to live in this uncaring universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment