Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Mask Of Humanity

Mask Of Humanity
© Surazeus
2018 04 11

Through every door I walk I disappear
into another mask that molds from breath
the spirit of humanity I beam
so dreams I hide solidify in words.

Because my eyes will create instant masks
to hide the souls of new people I meet
I translate visions of my mind in words
that carve illusions on the mask I wear.

The masks my eyes invent for them to wear
will mirror back what my brain wants to see
so I dissolve those masks with clever words
to see the real person glowing with dreams.

We give each other the masks our eyes made
so we can understand their aching hope
and then help them achieve their happiness
by molding the new mask they really wear.

We cannot help but wear these social masks
because this face our kind mother creates
expresses passions our ancestors feel
when they maneuver through hostile terrain.

Our face is shaped by forces of desire
while we progress through the labyrinth of lust
and choose how we will eat and copulate
to generate children before we die.

Our children wear the weird masks we create
through tense expression with knowledge of truth
so we teach them language of eyes and mouth
that helps communicate thoughts of our minds.

Our children rebel against masks we make,
wanting to mold their own new special masks,
so we give them old masks to help them cope
but they make new masks to evolve beyond us.

We stand together on the sunlit world
and talk about the objects we perceive
till masks of our faces reflect the world
when we comprehend the nature of things.

I reappear in every door I pass,
weaving new mask of personality
so we see true soul of humanity
in face of every new person we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment