Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Nothing But Sunlight And Breath

Nothing But Sunlight And Breath
© Surazeus
2018 04 04

I trudge mindless in cold delicious rains,
hungry for the soul of dream-sparkling brains.

I come upon Pythagoras in the mist,
shouting at the stars and shaking his fist.
"Blind Homer was wrong about where souls go
after we exit this dramatic show.
We are not voiceless shades in lightless cave
that wander lost while we rot in the grave.
Our souls are beams of light that make us glow
and animate our bodies when we grow.
Our souls flow up to the stars when we die,
refreshed by our long sojourn in the sky.
Our souls beam down when a new child is born
to wear this body like the cloak is worn.
I remember all the lives I once lived,
transformed through new bodies like a sieve.
I so love being conscious and alive,
I cannot see how souls do not survive.
How can it be that I did not exist
before I was born, and will not persist
after this body releases my soul
to merge again with the great divine whole?
I choose to believe we return to life
and gain more knowledge about truth through strife."

Since I worship Jesus, the Zombie King,
I stand before the mad prophet and sing.
"Our souls vanish to nothing when we die
for nothing but atoms swirl in the sky.
The atoms that compose our conscious minds
pulse on after we die in new designs.
Since we are frail as flowers in the mud
I am the vampire who will suck your blood.
Every creature is predator and prey,
to kill or be killed in the game we play.
We must kill plants and animals to eat
since bodies process chemicals of meat.
The virtual world of our brains disappears
but words we write preserve our hopes and fears.
When other people read the spells we write
their brains will dream the visions of our sight.
The self is an illusion of our memories
that dissipates in wordless wind of trees.
How difficult for humans to accept
the afterlife is a deceptive precept.
Except for genes in children we create
we disappear, so we must replicate
through copulation with the fertile mate
to overcome destruction of grim fate.
Our consciousness vanishes after death
for we are nothing but sunlight and breath."

I clutch his head to eat his juicy brain
but he dissolves to mud in pouring rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment