Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Red Flower Of My Sins

Red Flower Of My Sins
© Surazeus
2018 04 25

The red flower that blooms from black frozen soil
reveals nothing I do not already know
about how I ignore aching despair
that bursts from the old wound I try to hide.

The strange disaster of my character
I cover over with masks forged from glass
of modern sophistication I learned
from masculine role models in the movies.

Search for the truth with relentless resolve
in bold defiance of men who wield power
to overthrow the tyrants in gray suits,
and always protect the beautiful woman.

I spend late-night hours in dim smoky pubs,
drinking beer and writing in old notebooks
to dredge every horrible fear from muck
of my swamp-stinking heart, and see the truth.

Though I acknowledge in my secret heart
every stupid mistake I ever made,
that hurt the woman I love more than life,
I confess my sins to no one but the rain.

Then at last I track down the criminal
who hides disguised as the good businessman
and deploys his office for stealing funds
through legal means that no one can dispute.

Instead of stealing from wallets and purses,
thieves disguised as businessmen in clean suits
steal by billing accounts for services
never rendered that skim millions through pennies.

I grab his collar with factory hands
and shove him against the wall of the law,
then let the courts process his felony case
that locks him in prison where he belongs.

The woman I rescue from his control
realized his fraudulent method of theft
so I protect her from his thugs with guns
then take her for dinner at the swank bistro.

We dance on the patio in the soft moonlight
where red flowers bloom from the soil of the world
and we kiss as the credits roll that show
we get married and raise three honest kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment