Sunday, April 29, 2018

Ladder Of Jacob

Ladder Of Jacob
© Surazeus
2018 04 29

Step by step I climb the Ladder of Jacob,
ascending thirteen levels of existence
to enter golden temple of the sun
and twang vibrant strings on the harp of light.

Pythagoras taught our souls beam from stars
to animate these bodies of flesh till death,
but swirl back up to the fountain of light
where we swim in the swirling pool of souls.

I lie on my back in safe lair of grass
where the wind swirls through the pores of my soul
and travel the universe with closed eyes
along the bright thread of imagination.

I hear harmonious music of each atom
that constitutes this giant ball of dirt
so I hum its vibration in my belly
that makes my whole body buzz with desire.

I feel presence of David and Orpheus,
musicians who taught me how to play tunes
and chant visions I perceive in weird spells
but I am alone when I open my eyes.

Sitting up on the hill of wind-blown grass,
I feel the sunlight beaming off the sea
penetrate every singing cell of my soul
so I ring like glass chimes in the soft breeze.

Rising to my feet on breath of the wind,
I carry my guitar that David gave me,
and walk the hot streets of Miami Beach
till I find the cool spot to strum and sing.

I push play on tape-recorder machine,
that hangs by its leather strap from my neck,
then play folk chords ringing from the guitar
and sing whatever words glow in my mind.

I sing about the fool who wanders lost
in vast labyrinth of numberless doors
who kneels in the rain on the cold dark night
to cry out for help to the empty sky.

Then from the flash of lightning in the sky
the angel of liberty on wings of fire
soars singing through the crack of mirror light
and hovers over him in sparkling rain.

I am Takoma, Goddess of the Mountain,
she sings in the bluster of the storm wind,
and I commission you, lost nameless fool,
to preach my message of love to all the world.

I stand on the stone ziggurat of Ur
and gaze in the black eyes of Empress Ishtar
who places ring of gemmed gold on my head
and commands I go forth to sing the truth.

I travel ten thousand years on the Earth,
singing hymns to celebrate power of women
who regenerate seed of man in flesh
so we reincarnate from mother to child.

I wake from vision on Miami Beach,
singing about Ishtar the Queen of Love,
who founded all religions of the world,
while people and cars move past in sunlight.

When I finish singing my hymn to Ishtar,
I turn off the tape-recorder and count
nine dollars people dropped in my fedora,
so I buy fresh tuna sandwich from Subway.

The Ladder of Jacob rising to Heaven
is nothing more than metaphor for hope
to gain success of fame through bold performance,
expressing visions of people in songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment