Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Library Of Ancient Tradition

Library Of Ancient Tradition
© Surazeus
2018 04 17

"The most important building in each town
is the library where people can read
stories about all the people who lived,
but it makes me sad," with delicate hand
she brushes back long wild hair in the wind,
"that so many people lived in the world
and yet no one wrote their names in a book,
so it seems almost as if they did not
ever exist, because they are forgotten,
after all I do not even know their names
even though I can picture all their faces,
and I can imagine inside their minds
how they felt about their experiences,
and how they moved forward on road of life,
because I would like to know how they lived,
how they viewed the world and the universe,
and what purpose urged them to wake each day
and perform those actions that satisfied
their hunger for food and love," she lifts cup
to her lips and drinks coffee, then she smiles
and points out the window, "so I can learn
anything I want to know about history
in books I can read at the library,
and what people did before I was born,
so I can see myself on stream of time
flowing with the current of social forces
in the boat of tradition on to Heaven,
because I want to make my contribution
to building the library of our world,
where the story of my life will remain
printed in black letters long after I
die and disappear from material flow,
therefore everything we know is preserved
in the library of ancient tradition."
Lisa stares at him watching television,
then goes outside and smokes at the blank sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment