Saturday, April 14, 2018

Wordless Hope For Love

Wordless Hope For Love
© Surazeus
2018 04 14

When the sun begins to set in bright flames
behind the distant hills where the wind plays
I hear strange ancient music in the air
like voices of the dead calling my name.

Take my hand with faith in my crazy plan
and we will run through labyrinth of eyes
who sparkle in the neurons of our brains
so we can find the spirits of the dead.

I sense them close and seem to see their eyes
just there beyond the shadow of the trees
but when I run forward into the light
they vanish in the clarity of truth.

I wonder if ghosts of the dead I love
are nothing more than sparkles in my brain
and so their names and stories of their lives
will vanish when the flame of my soul puffs.

You did not follow me into the woods
so I came back to our home by the stream
to find you sleeping in the twilight glow
and whispering my forgotten name in dream.

I reach out my hand to caress your cheek
and stroke your long hair curled around your breast
but you crumble to dust in silent breeze
and swirl around me through indifferent night.

I hear you call my name in soft moonlight
so I turn around and see the white owl
in the oak tree watching me with gold eyes
and then you tug my hand so I look down.

Our little daughter with eyes full of stars
looks up at me with wordless hope for love
and from her little hand touching my hand
I feel electric spark of aching faith.

We walk together in the twilight zone,
our little daughter you bore when you died
who shows me the newt she caught with her hand
and we giggle when it wiggles away.

She calls my name through her voice in your heart
so I will teach you secrets of this world
how you will find true love like she found me
and you will bear new son with my old eyes.

The cycle of our lives continues on,
children sprouting from lovers every day
since we first crawled the river from the sea
and stood singing together by the tree.

Though our names and the stories of our lives
are forgotten with turning of our world
we live forever in genes of our children
till Earth is swallowed by the burning sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment