Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Lost Island Of My Blood

Lost Island Of My Blood
© Surazeus
2018 04 03

Though this island swallows my blood and words,
erasing me from its sensuous curves,
I will always rise singing with the birds
when the dawn sun blasts all darkness away.

While walking along the mute river shore
I plant all my lost memories in the core
of every rock outside numberless door
of the home you built from my broken bones.

Only the clouds know how to spell my name
since you invite me to play social game
and marry the mask who is not the same
as the king who steals my new pair of wings.

Now that our hearts are bound tight by gold rings
we wait in the chapel where the girl sings
about the man who walks on clouds, and brings
toys for blind children inside paradise.

I want to escape the ring of stone walls
to dance naked at midnight in the falls
reflecting moonlight where the white owl calls
the ghosts of my family to come back home.

I bear tall strong sons for the noble man
who burned down my village and killed my clan
so I escape to join the caravan
that travels beyond misty Avalon.

I drive my car on the winding highway
to the ruined tower where I used to pray
and wait for fairies with aching dismay
who danced around me in the river wind.

I lived on this island ten thousand years
when it was named for the Goddess of Tears
who wakes inside me to dispel my fears
so I return home to the ring of stones.

I wear new mask I carve from the oak tree
to prove I am the Child of Liberty
who plays every game with bold honesty
because I eat fruit from this island soil.

My words blossom from trees of Fairyland
so I build Temple of Truth with my hand
to raise new paradise from weird waste land
that blooms from the lost island of my blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment