Sunday, April 22, 2018

Allegiance To Liberty Not Race

Allegiance To Liberty Not Race
© Surazeus
2018 04 22

The weird vibration of the universe
weaves melodies of music in my brain
so I convert to blessing every curse
that beams sunlight to penetrate cold rain.

Though I feel hurt that people put me down
and ignore me because I am some girl
I play the queen while they see a cute clown,
and smile while wearing the mask of the churl.

I need no close community of friends
to perform my art that glows from my heart
for I do not follow the latest trends,
instead exploring themes far off the chart.

I paint the souls of angels on brick walls
who bless the lost souls of our national tribe,
erecting statues in heroic halls
to celebrate loners who jazz the vibe.

I focus spotlight on the marginalized,
presenting stories of the humble souls
our culture ignores and pushes aside
to give wise losers more important roles.

Though we outnumber white males in control,
who tell their story as America,
we unite to form strong communal whole
with genuine soul, not some replica.

We speak with voices they cannot ignore
to change the story of our national quest
with more characters for our common lore
who share space in our democratic nest.

People from around the world immigrate,
leaving behind rigid systems of class,
and pledge allegiance at the welcome gate
to Liberty and Justice, not to race.

No comments:

Post a Comment