Monday, December 17, 2018

White Skeleton Of The Snake

White Skeleton Of The Snake
© Surazeus
2018 12 17

White skeleton of the snake in brown mud
glows from rays of light through after-rain clouds,
primal structure of the quadruped form
as fallen angel without limbs for wings
still crawling along silver river stream
since our search for cave of shadows began.

She is my grandmother, snake of the Earth
who sang at sunrise for ten million years,
so sorrow of her aching hope to live
still vibrates in soft shiver of my spine
as I stare silently at her frail skull,
vampire goddess who spawned the human race.

I feel the wiggle of her energy
still motivating my dance on the Earth
as I spread my arms and stretch fingers wide,
remembering when I grasped branches of trees
to swing with my swarm through vast canopies,
then primal love for flight howls from my heart.

I remember the shape of every hill
and the flash of rivers in every vale
from our journey to chase the laughing sun,
evolving from mice to men as we leaped
tree to tree from China to Africa,
where at last we came down and walked the Earth.

White skeleton of the snake by green lake
springs alive in play of my memory
to spread angel wings and soar among clouds
where she gazes down on sphere of our world
and dreams curving mysteries its contours
as she heads outward to abyss of stars.

Will she return from vast infinity
and give me map of swirling galaxies
where unchanging Ideas that design
forms of things sparkle in structures of stars
as flashing atoms that combine to be
existing objects I perceive through words?

She floats above me in weird lucid dream,
primal mother from the bottomless sea,
who spreads delicate wings of shining faith
and dreams how she will transform into me,
so through eerie melody of her words
I become rebirth of the universe.

I feel stars pulse in every molecule
that flashes in neuron web of my brain,
so I sing illusions of truth in verse
to code visions in record of the mind
that preserves experience of my ancestors
when they fought death for the right to eat love.

No comments:

Post a Comment