Saturday, December 29, 2018

Star Lake Of The Multiverse

Star Lake Of The Multiverse
© Surazeus
2018 12 29

After maintaining journey of my soul
on quest to understand the universe
I stand on ocean shore and watch the light
spiral wordless into my aching heart.

I walk past people who want to explain
how some supernatural being made it all
then swing on the playground in midnight stars
to think about brutality of wars.

All I want is to live on my own land
free from aggression of the wanderers
who interrupt plain ritual of my life
to eat and contemplate mystery of things.

They drag me away from my paradise
and force me to work on their building project
erecting palace for their sacred god
who lounges drinking wine while I sweat rage.

He sits on his high pyramid of power,
feasting on food grown from sweat of our hands
and judges who will live or die each day
if we disobey his sacred commands.

Grown strong from hauling huge stones twenty years,
I break chains and race up pyramid steps
and strangle their sacred god on his throne
then throw his body crumpled down in dust.

Expecting them to kill me for my crime,
I cringe when everyone in palace court
kneels before me, then bows to marble floor,
and hails me as priest-king who rules the world.

Bathed clean and dressed in his rich ritual clothes,
I parade up the steep pyramid steps
and preside at large table in the hall
where we drink wine and feast while the bards sing.

Jumping off the playground swing under stars,
I laugh about the farmer crowned the king
by rules of fate because he killed the king,
and walk alone on blank street into town.

I go nowhere on my quest for the truth,
for that divine consciousness of God lives
glowing inside the neurons of my brain,
so I play guitar on the street and sing.

I am not Trotsky, Jesus, or Lao Tzu,
bringing wisdom to crowds of humble men,
so I transform the table to the pool
and swim in star lake of the multiverse.

In every universe I am the same,
old nameless fool riding on the sun bull
and bearing sacred scripture of the light
I wrote that explains why I am not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment