Thursday, December 6, 2018

My Unitarian Onatah

My Unitarian Onatah
© Surazeus
2018 12 06

Once I discovered, halfway through college,
that the world view of my country and church
were illusions designed by men in power
to maintain their roles in authority,
I started to analyze every truth
they declared was handed to man by God
to expose real agenda of its proof,
and thus I dismantled their core principles
by deconstructing noble narrative
about America and Christianity
to find nothing more than people who tell
stories that prove they should control the land.
I replace their Christian America
with my Unitarian Onatah.

Rather than Christ, the anointed strong man,
who sacrificed himself to save the world,
ruled by vast empire of America,
white folk who fled religious persecution
glorified by manifest destiny
to take the land from sea to shining sea,
I follow Onatah, the wise First Mother,
who provides corn for everyone to eat
in unitarian gathering by the sea
where people from every nation on Earth
join together at great Thanksgiving Feast
in universal tribe of equal status.
I replace their Christian America
with my Unitarian Onatah.

No comments:

Post a Comment