Sunday, December 16, 2018

Ghost Of Electricity

Ghost Of Electricity
© Surazeus
2018 12 16

When strange visions of horror and despair
flash through my mind from weird scenarios
where mistakes I made cause suffering and death,
I heed clanging alarms of coming danger
to swerve away from path that would cause harm
and change progress to ease burden of fate.

I would create life rather than destroy,
so I learn effects of physical cause
presented through science and literature
as laws based on strict principles of action
describing cause and effect of behavior
in mythic tales about villains and heroes.

The ghost of electricity glows white
in fragile bones of our bodies as souls
that shimmer light of atoms binding rays
forged in stars awake now in brain neurons
so I can sense myself as separate being
performing hunger play on stage of life.

Each time I walk through labyrinth of our dreams
I see strange new details about human souls
that sparkle as eyes in jewels beaming light
of long-dead stars in mountain cave of shadows
where I first wake from conscious dream of hope
to sing with ocean waves at flash of dawn.

We give each other names based on our hope
to live another day of turning time,
but name ourselves when we wander beyond
perimeter of knowledge to explore
expansive universe of changing things,
then share tales about Thing World we perceive.

I see you walking on the beach in wind
that fills our floating bodies with desire
so we embrace to hold each other bound
with aching hope to surge of sun-bright waves
which tell us how our passions are reborn
to taste material of transforming souls.

The ghost of electricity shines pure
as diamonds flashing on vast ocean beach
which clatter when we crawl through blaze of light
before we invented words to name things
so we may comprehend intention of faith
while crawling together up flashing streams.

Thus we evolve from lizards into mice
and climb gigantic mountains to the sky
where emeralds mirror faces of our will
till we evolve long arms with clasping hands
with thumbs to grab tree limbs in empty space
when we swing and sing in sweet morning wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment