Thursday, December 20, 2018

Petals Red From Fear

Petals Red From Fear
© Surazeus
2018 12 19

Extravagant darkness of human hearts
swirls in rivers of blood through every vein
that tangles my soul in flesh of this world
so I can savor agony of pleasure.

She grabs my hand with laughter in her eyes
so we skip playful on the river shore
then sit together close in sparkling rays
to kiss soft as flowers scenting her hair.

She taught me how to sing before she died
so though I walk alone the river shore
ghost of her memory swirls around my hair
as I sing melodies she sang for me.

While we are kissing among soft white flowers
she coughs blood that splatters on trembling hands
and stains delicate petals red from fear
that blinds my eyes when I lie in the sun.

Sweet agony of each wild haunting note
I sing on fluttering wings of flashing wind
swells outward wide from blind core of my being
so I become gaunt trees weeping in rain.

I embrace her breast as she lies back down
and trembles freezing in hot sun rays,
then caress her cheeks as her silver eyes
stare thousands of loving words in my heart.

Old people tell me high up in the sky
immortal soul of love controls all things,
so I howl raging prayer at its blank face
that it would kill so sweet a soul as hers.

Then I laugh when, after months of despair,
I realize that no supernatural deity
controls whatever happens on this world,
so I hold her skull in bright morning light.

No comments:

Post a Comment