Thursday, December 13, 2018

Laughing About Human Folly

Laughing About Human Folly
© Surazeus
2018 12 13

I have graduated to that stage in life
where every event I see in the world
strikes me as hilariously ridiculous,
so I walk around laughing all day long.

The foibles of pretentious folks in power,
such as politicians, preachers, and poets,
alert me to the folly of ambition
when people strive for legendary fame.

They want to rise above the common herd
through performance of awe-inspiring role,
striving to achieve position of power
that wins them proclaim from worshipping crowds.

I love watching the wild reality show
about strife for power in the Oval Office
when the President reigns in the White House
that airs twenty-four hours on Fake News Network.

Each Sunday in churches across the land
preachers stand before docile congregations
and lie that Jesus will take them to Heaven
to live forever for blind loyalty.

I laugh at those blind worshippers in church
who believe Lord Jesus will resurrect
genetic code of their bodies from dust
to live forever in perfect paradise.

The vast halls of Academia are packed
with precious poets singing lyric voice
of lone romantic searcher for the spirit
who journeys through the mind to find weird truth.

Inspired by legends of fabulous artists
who achieved apotheosis of fame,
thousands of nobodies crowd the Waste Land,
seeking adoration as the cultural hero.

How can I perform energy of lust
to represent the spirit of our age
and play straight template for immortal god
worshipped with love by future generations?

Mad shamans dance around communal fires,
exploring Other World of surreal dreams,
and return from trance to chant magic spells
that conjure virtual world in minds of men.

I see my aging face in the cracked mirror
resembling Santa Claus with rosy cheeks,
and always laughing about human folly
with loving compassion for the blind fools.

I laugh at us humans performing roles
because we are congealed clusters of atoms
competing to consume and copulate,
then dissolving to dust in rays of sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment