Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Shadow Of Your Blind Hope

Shadow Of Your Blind Hope
© Surazeus
2018 12 19

The fading shadow of the silent night
still melting down the blank wall of my heart
reveals the face of the stranger I love
who trusts me to handle their heart with care.

The aching flash of sunlight on windshields
of passing cars pierces my heart with hope
that I might soon find my destined soul mate
though I wander homeless on rain-wet streets.

I always circle back to city park
where I first sat after losing my home
when my husband died from cancer last year
and hospital bills drained my bank account.

The pretty world that we together built
collapses on its glamorous fantasy
of employment and friendship with purpose
beyond hunger that consumes my numb heart.

I wander lost in concentric routine
from the park where I sleep under the bushes
to the dumpster behind the fast food joint
where they always leave eggs for me to eat.

My sweet mother taught me to value family
so I sit in front of the shopping mall
and watch families purchase each other gifts
as I dream of my children never born.

Ground up by relentless gears of commerce,
I wander broken on stage of your play,
disrupting perfect beauty of your drama
where you hope for eternal life in Heaven.

You worship symbol of the long-dead king
who taught you to care for the poor and sick,
while you ignore millions of homeless people
who decay in shadow of your blind hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment