Sunday, December 23, 2018

New Universal Tribe

New Universal Tribe
© Surazeus
2018 12 23

I walk into the blank maze of the world
never knowing what dreams I will observe
flashing across the mirror of our eyes
to reflect our obsessions masked as fears
that give us wings to fly above the fort
and see our strange world neatly mapped in myths.

So many people exist in our world,
shadowy reflections of our true selves,
fragments of our minds in bodies of strangers
who all sprouted from the same ancient mothers
alive in clear glow of our consciousness
which lights our way through labyrinth of desires.

I see half-neglected parts of myself
fully realized in strangers without names
who play the part in drama of our myth
I thought I was playing before they appeared
so we contest to see who plays the part
better in tragicomedy of hope.

Though I follow my own traces of light
through immense darkness of our empty world,
I see countless others in the mute gloom
following their own fiery traces through night
of silent sorrow to stand on the shore
and sing with laughter of the endless river.

We stand together on the river shore
and write our forgotten names on the water
so all our hopeful dreams blend in the stream
of unspoken anguish we share to hold
hands of strangers that connect us as one
to become the new universal tribe.

In each little community of people
that flourishes on every river shore
one person plays the universal role
of some special character they perform
in fundamental drama of desire
in countless variations of one play.

Ten thousand people in ten thousand towns
play one character in ten thousand plays,
contributing to mask of that god type
till all their individual names are lost
within one basic archetype of soul
that preserves their memories in mythic role.

I stand alone in teeming crowd of souls
and sing, determined to design my role
unique from all those others who play me
so I give my name to our archetype
by winding all its energies in wings
I beat to soar above the common tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment