Sunday, October 13, 2024

Harmony With The Wind

Harmony With The Wind
© Surazeus
2024 10 13

Each morning when the sun gleams through the trees 
sweet chirps of birds inspire my heart with hope 
that I will experience beauty of life 
while strolling along the lush river shore 
to gather treasures of bountiful Earth 
that gleam so mysteriously in my hands. 

Yet in my carefree journey through the world 
I stay alert to dangers lurking near 
in form of monsters or humans who dare 
attempt to control my soul for their gain 
with clever ploys urged by their selfish greed 
to acquire what their hands cannot create. 

Through woods once tangled with thick underbrush 
aggressive passion of my forward path 
has blazed clear trails of purposeful intent, 
expressing passion of my hungry heart 
in longing to walk by your side at last 
deep in this paradise our love has lost. 

Through exploration of my curious feet 
my heart has memorized shape of these hills 
till I comprehend songs of flowing streams 
for I am spirit of this timeless land 
awake in temporary soul I am 
when I sing in harmony with the wind. 

Though I find countless treasures of this world, 
delicious fruit that hang from shady trees, 
flighty birds that twitter enchanting songs, 
herds of horses that gallop with the wind, 
the most important treasure I desire 
is love you freely offer from your heart. 

Though I wake each dawn with visions of hope 
to perform graceful role of my weird fate, 
I find myself lost in vast maze of fear, 
entangled in plays other people write, 
till I have lost my true self in their mess, 
and I fall bruised to my knees in despair. 

Yet in the darkest hour of my despair, 
just as I fear I have forgotten you, 
bright light of your soul shines in lonely trees 
so I rise and follow moon of your heart 
that lights clear way I blazed with honest faith 
safe back to my secret home in the woods. 

While people with ambition fight for power 
to control narrative of what is true, 
I stay clear of their confusing contests, 
free to explore wild forests of this world, 
eating fruit that grow from generous trees 
as I sing in harmony with the wind. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus listens to Eurydice sing as she wanders blissfully in the forested hills of Arcadia.

    ReplyDelete