Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Demoneirum Of Ghosts

Demoneirum Of Ghosts
© Surazeus
2024 10 15

With Wand of Wisdom in my steady hand 
I walk the signless Road of Evermore 
on righteous path of compassion and love, 
lit by star-bright eyes of Grandmother Moon 
who guides us to Demoneirum of faith 
to store our memories in Temple of Dreams. 

Sweet smell of thunder, just before the rain 
carves stories of our loss on mountain slopes, 
inspires my heart to call your secret name 
so we assemble in tall ring of stones 
to feast in Demoneirum of friendship 
and sing together in Temple of Dreams. 

With stately grace of solemn gratitude 
we glide together in communal dance, 
breasts humming with one social melody 
that vibrates all our souls in harmony 
awake in Demoneirum of insight 
that lights our spirits in Temple of Dreams. 

Sour scent of flowers blossoming in fields 
conspires to energize my hungry soul 
so I turn and face monster of my heart 
and breathe to exercise bold self-control 
with courage in Demoneirum of trust 
as my thoughts construct grand Temple of Dreams. 

With courage honed by suffering in despair 
I descend mountain cave to ocean wave 
so I can hear ancient song of the deep 
which programs heartbeat of my rooted genes 
born from Demoneirum of timeless love, 
embodied by fate in Temple of Dreams. 

Pungent river-valley soil emanates 
ghosts of my ancestors in twilight breeze 
when I bury their spirits in my breast 
where their desire to taste pleasures of life 
animates Demoneirum of my brain 
which formulates wealth in Temple of Dreams. 

With God-Eye Diamond flashing in my brain 
I borrow wings of Icarus to fly 
high enough to map world maze of myths 
so I can name every god of our hearts 
who dwell in Demoneirum of our church 
as angels singing in Temple of Dreams. 

Stark glare of god eyes in smooth ocean waves 
illuminates dark weirdness of my heart 
when I envision how my fathers fought 
with zealous love against monsters of hate, 
armed with code from Demoneirum of ghosts 
to protect families in Temple of Dreams. 


2 comments:

  1. Orpheus listens to songs of ghosts in Demoneirum temple of dreams to understand zeitgeist of America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demoneirum is the Latinized form of the Greek phrase δῆμος ὄνειρος (demos oneiros) which means Dream City, or Temple of Dreams as I have phrased it more poetically.

    ReplyDelete