Sunday, October 13, 2024

Face Between The Stars

Face Between The Stars
© Surazeus
2024 10 13

The face between the stars is my own face 
for I am soul of light in human form, 
just like every soul who has ever lived, 
so when I look at you I look at me, 
separate bodies from one immortal sea, 
but I can only guess your secret thoughts. 

Each year I leave the city where I work 
constructing houses for rich faceless gods, 
and spend vacation by the swirling sea 
to chat with Mother Mermaid about life, 
but every piece of advice she repeats 
is proverb written in the Ancient Book. 

I hear in voice of wind the secret song 
long hidden in heart of the lonely girl 
who smiles brightly as she teaches young kids 
how to calculate progress of their fate, 
while flag above her school waves in the wind 
to signal coming of the cosmic herald. 

Her father, who sold Bibles door to door, 
plays chess with other old men in the park, 
though rain storm sweeps away their strategies 
with umbrellas tumbling down the highway 
till hurricane, caused by the butterfly, 
dissipates to breeze that brushes her hair. 

She asks the man in the moon to retrieve 
painting of the white-eyed vireo she made 
to prove beyond any shadow of doubt 
that sunlight weaves out bodies from dream code, 
since humans can never fly to escape 
maze of myths that trap us in our beliefs. 

This house where I live with ghosts of my past 
is dream of the house where I was not born 
which always appears on side of the road 
no matter where I walk around the world, 
so I sit in bombed library to type 
complex riddles that prophesy the truth. 

Each skull I find in rubble of the war 
smiles up at me with charm of innocence, 
so I line them all on museum shelves 
beside skulls of Hamlet and Orpheus 
when Saturn, the old security guard, 
falls asleep watching movies on his phone. 

Awake as concept of the social game, 
I realize I am in love with the girl 
who lives on the other side of the world, 
but I cannot find store of Icarus 
to buy wings so I can fly to her home 
and give her sacred diamond of my heart. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus calls to me from his special spot in the museum to explain that all is vanity of vanities.

    ReplyDelete