Thursday, October 10, 2024

Invent New Words For How

Invent New Words For How
© Surazeus
2024 10 10

When language flows in waterfall of words 
I wear face of the sun to hide the gloom 
that billows from deep fountain of my heart 
when I explain vast emptiness of truth 
as meaning that exists without the word 
since life occurs outside dream of my mind. 

While walking in the field of singing trees 
I close my eyes to see light of the world 
that glows from hills of animating wind 
so I feel aching body of my mind 
connect my soul to spinning of the globe 
which fills my heart with pulsing breath of hope. 

Instead of hiding in safe cave of ghosts 
when glowing Cloud God dumps rain on my head 
I turn my face up toward infinity 
to taste conceptual wisdom of the light 
that pierces my heart with sweet loneliness 
because I forget words to explain why. 

This globe that teems with conscious organisms 
continues spinning in the star-eyed void 
whether or not I am awake to feel 
tremor of land vibrating with my heart 
so I walk barefoot in cold ocean waves 
while I invent new words for how I feel. 

Just as I name bright spirit of my soul 
my body turns into the long-maned horse 
who gallops slow along the river shore 
to show me where the apples grow most ripe 
so I become another human soul 
who smiles at me in shadow of the grove. 

Though we speak words our mothers gave to us 
with kisses of compassion beyond death 
we understand the strange words we exchange 
as thoughts that glimmer in electric air 
so we embrace to share tunes of our hearts 
that pulse in rhythm with clean river waves. 

Seven thousand years after we first meet 
our memories wake in children of our genes 
who recognize each other in our eyes 
as offspring of One Mother who still sings 
weird melody the moon weaves in our hearts 
though we live now in distant roadless lands. 

I fly to opposite side of the world 
and find you walking in our field of flowers 
so we climb Temple of the Humming God 
and kiss with passion of the spinning Earth 
to generate new life before we die 
in children who place our skulls on the shelf. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus searches for Ophelia in Almaty Mountains where they first met in grove of apple trees.

    ReplyDelete