Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Floating In Green Light

Floating In Green Light
© Surazeus
2024 10 02

Flame of light flickering on the candle wick 
could stand in for the spirit of your being, 
so when you become electricity, 
glowing brighter than the moon at midnight, 
I call your name in darkness of the world 
so we can find each other by the tree. 

I place gold apple on the windowsill 
I hope will gleam as beacon in the gloom 
to guide your journey home back to our hearth 
across the misty waste land of false hopes 
since you have gone to help the empire grow, 
once founded by Alfred in the wild snow. 

The lonely jaggedness of ocean cliffs 
contrives to comfort my unbroken heart 
with cold indifference of relentless wind 
that wants to tell me why I am alive 
though I stand on graves of ancestral bones 
with skull of my father who stares at me. 

Each memory I weed from dry garden soil 
exudes foul scent of sorrow to my heart, 
so I wipe tears of anger from smeared cheeks 
while carving your face on the pumpkin mask 
so you can smile at me with glowing light 
when I light candle of your soul, and cry. 

Yet evening rain of silver flashing eyes 
sweeps over golden hills of restless hope 
with slow explosive prayer for sudden truth 
to drench the wastrel ocean of my heart 
with laughing shadow of the yet-born soul 
who wants to incarnate Arthur for this world. 

The yellow-breasted chaffinch in the hazel 
explains with honest song of travesty 
the burlesque nature of the serious man 
who preaches salvation of the Glow Cloud 
that hovers over me with cherub wings, 
poor imitation of the faceless king. 

If I could sail across the frenzied sea 
to build new Eden in the Promised Land, 
I would escape the labyrinth of stone halls 
where statues of dead gods watch over me, 
ruthless with their gentle authority 
when blood of my eyes smears their Holy Book. 

Attempting to spread wings I do not have, 
with eager faith in goodness of their hearts, 
I dream I fly from stone kirk by the sea 
to find your ghost in swirl of ocean waves 
where I dive deep to where all life began 
to find your body floating in green light. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus brings news to Sorcha in Linlithgow that her husband drowned sailing to America.

    ReplyDelete