Thursday, October 17, 2024

Born From Leviathan

Born From Leviathan
© Surazeus
2024 10 17

My mamma drives quick red Volkswagen bug 
through the streets of Fort Worth in sixty-nine 
to visit the city park by the river 
where hippies dance while Phoebus plays guitar, 
then I slide on cardboard down the steep hill 
to sit and stare under the raven tree. 

Alone I wander on low river shore 
to hear strange sadness of the water sing 
with words no huge dictionary records 
that glide and dart among the hair-long moss 
as silver fish with dark demonic eyes 
which teach me how to see ghosts of the light. 

My heart skips beat of curious concern 
when I see mangled body of an old man 
tangled in roots of the tall rowan tree, 
his long beard wavy in soft rippling flow, 
but when I lean close, shoes licked by the waves, 
the corpse becomes a burlap bag of weeds. 

Yet I see resurrection of the wizard, 
who rises dripping from the river gush 
with eyes more silver than the evening sky 
after storm clouds drench the world in new faith, 
as sudden vision flashing in the dusk, 
so I ask him to teach me to cast spells. 

Turning his dragon face to glare at me, 
the river wizard, born from Leviathan 
before the first tree ape began to sing, 
speaks to me with voice of deep ocean waves 
that sparks ancient memory from my brain 
how First Mother gave me apple of truth. 

Eating ripe apple from the Tree of Knowledge, 
I feel my heart swell huge as thunderclouds 
with secret knowledge of weird principles 
which program functions of organic souls 
to conjure consciousness from glowing brains 
so I feel as if I am God in flesh. 

Urged by soul-expanding epiphany, 
I breathe ethereal spirit of the river 
and sing wordless spell of the laughing tree 
encoded through School of Sincerity 
in obscure riddle of the clever jest 
that only flighty flower fairies hear. 

Riding in the quick red Volkswagen bug, 
which my mamma drives in streets of Fort Worth, 
I cherish wild ghost of the river wizard 
that now writhes captive in my beating heart 
so Leviathan spirit of the sea 
will animate my quest to find the truth. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus born from Leviathan teaches young wizards and witches how to cast spells at the School of Sincerity.

    ReplyDelete