Thursday, October 3, 2024

Mysterious As The Rain

Mysterious As The Rain
© Surazeus
2024 10 03

Mysterious as the rain pretends to be, 
always sparkling and making things look pretty, 
I hide from soft caress of its clear light, 
convinced the god who makes it must be mighty, 
but when I ponder pathway of my fate 
I almost get stuck in my social station. 

That girl who walks in beauty of the night 
seems eager to share with me her sweet passion, 
so we dance gracefully by star-eyed lake, 
discussing complex nature of the wicked, 
till we fall asleep when the moon comes up 
with yet another way to flash its label. 

Each time I find her in the apple grove, 
I pause behind wrought gate of admiration 
to hear strange eerie timbre of her voice 
that seems to make the flow of time dissemble 
till I feel my mortal soul transcend thought 
and soar beyond this world of normal reason. 

So when my brain emerges from despair 
with new-found courage of decisive purpose 
I stand before huge wall map of our world 
and plot ways to make lives of people better 
for their happiness inspires me to work 
toward transforming our city into Heaven. 

Bewildering as the heart appears to be, 
dragging me in the opposite direction 
from which my reason urges me to go, 
I borrow arrogant wings of mad Cupid 
and fly boldly toward my real destiny 
after hiding in cave of desperation. 

Cryptic omens I perceive everywhere 
seemed to indicate I proceed with caution, 
but with the tyrant hunting for my head 
I must fight to gain freedom from ambition 
to rule productive ritual of my goal 
by forging new gates for court of perdition. 

Bold enterprise to create new world view 
with prophecies I encrypt in grand scriptures 
conspires to energize my global plot 
to design framework for conceptual order 
based on respect of universal law 
that ensures equal justice for each person. 

Enforcing new world order with the gun, 
I maintain peace with strong United Nations 
supporting freedom through democracy 
based on honesty of consideration 
which nurtures talents every person owns 
so we all dance in joyful celebration. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus plays lyre of Mercury in Cathedral of the Weeping God to inspire us to work together for world peace.

    ReplyDelete