Saturday, October 5, 2024

River Shore Of Why

River Shore Of Why
© Surazeus
2024 10 05

Events of the present erase the past 
as rain today washes mountains away 
while clashing continents spew lava flows 
which erect new seamountains to the sky 
so I stand tall on river shore of why 
and feel water flow shape soul of my heart. 

With shovel of despair I dig deep hole 
of sorrow in hard naked ground of being 
so when fierce torrents of indifferent storms 
thrash our frail world with fearful challenges 
my tears of anguish glisten as bright pool 
from which I drink refreshing juice of faith. 

Each drop of water I drink in my life 
has nourished souls of plants and animals 
four billion years of our transforming shapes 
as they mutate through each organic form 
which generates new bodies from the rain 
splashing on my face as I gaze at stars. 

This drop of water that gleams on my cheek 
has migrated through countless living forms 
for billions of years as Earth spins in space 
so all their dreams of timeless energy 
glisten now in pure sparkle of my brain 
when spirit of our planet wakes in me. 

Bold urgency of my relationship 
with our planet that teems with conscious life 
motivates my quest to understand how 
molecules operate engine of my soul 
which emanates from neurons of my brain 
as divine glow from the cosmic God-Eye. 

Though Nature seems indifferent to my being, 
sometimes personified as Jupiter 
when thunder clouds hurl hurricanes at us, 
and sometimes personified as Apollo 
when sunlight beams fruit on Giving Trees, 
I love strange beauty of Her faceless soul. 

While sitting in Cave of Dreams by the sea, 
listening to steady beat of rain on soil, 
I perceive some immortal soul of genes 
designed by memories my ancestors lived 
swell vast and vibrant deep within my heart 
so I become the Sun and Earth as God. 

Thus God-Soul of the entire universe 
wakes from dream in every conscious brain, 
and glows with intense passion of desire 
to savor wild sweetness of being alive, 
so I sing in harmony with the rain 
epic tale that still rings after I die. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus joins world coven of ecopoets worshipping the Water Goddess as they dance and sing hymns in the woods by the Lake of Dreams.

    ReplyDelete