Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Lament Of Faithful Mars

Lament Of Faithful Mars
© Surazeus
2013 02 14

Alone I wander, searching for my love,
meanwhile I catch and roast a turtledove
I eat by flickering firelight under stars,
and wait for sweet Venus while I play Mars.

I saw her last beneath old apple tree,
crushing fruit to juice she gave away free
I drink by flickering firelight under stars,
then strut about, pretending to be Mars.

I carve idol of her face from white stone,
and watch sunset on the sea, still alone,
then weep by flickering firelight under stars,
hoping Venus will return to her Mars.

My flesh melts away into mindless dirt
long after my heart becomes jagged chert,
and rot by flickering firelight under stars,
wondering why Venus forgot faithful Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment