Friday, December 23, 2022

Unrooted From Solid Truth

Unrooted From Solid Truth
© Surazeus
2022 12 23

Unrooted from solid truth of the ground, 
I travel for over two million years, 
spreading out from the lush valley of fruit 
to follow every river from the sea 
till I climb every lofty mountain peak, 
always searching for Heaven of my dreams. 

With rootless energy of eager hope 
I keep on walking to follow the sun, 
since I first learned to walk in surging waves, 
forever toward horizon of my mind 
so I can see the whole world as it is, 
sphere of dirt and water in starry void. 

Old spirit of my mother in my mind 
awakens me into being with her song 
that whispers in the endless vibrant wind 
which blows in dancing trees with eager hope 
since I realize I am some separate thing 
when I see my face in the shining pool. 

The inward voice no one can hear but me 
explains the reasons why I play my role 
performing actions that seem long foretold 
except I choose to swerve from off the way 
through fierce assertion of my own free will 
so I wander lost in the roadless world. 

I am the seer who perceives the whole world 
when I realize I am also the seen 
so I jump up and down on the lake shore 
and shout at indifferent clouds in the sky 
till I lie exhausted in field of flowers 
and wonder if I really am alive. 

Birds spring their wings and glide across the sky 
while I walk step by step on signless roads 
bound to the solid sorrow of the world 
by grave attention to hungry desire 
that motivates my journey to the stars 
till I rest in shelter of the fruit tree. 

While staring at strange shimmer of the sky 
I wonder who I am beyond my name 
and why I am alive with hungry hope, 
and how this vast world blossomed into being 
from swirling shimmer of atomic light 
that weaves neurons into my thinking brain. 

The ever-changing beauty of the world 
my eyes perceive as natural growth and death 
stores vibe of quietude inside my heart 
as I explore valley of singing trees, 
rootless on my journey to comprehend 
unchanging ideas that shape my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment