Thursday, December 15, 2022

Global Serpent Queen

Global Serpent Queen
© Surazeus
2022 12 15

Descending from mountain of prophecy, 
where wingless angels sing with waterfalls, 
I pause in trackless woods where Odin dwells 
and think about way of democracy 
we humans devise to give every soul 
freedom to achieve their personal goal. 

Though monsters lurk in shadows of the woods 
where wild nameless children play hide and seek 
I gaze with longing at the mountain peak 
where forces of nature embody gods 
who play movie stars on the silver screen 
as puppets of our global Serpent Queen. 

Once I reach the bottom-most vale of Hell 
I decide to skate on the frozen lake 
where Lucifer teaches me what is fake 
and what is real as Runes in the Dream Well, 
so I wear mask of the Many-Faced God 
when he hires me to join his Justice Squad. 

Though King Midas plots political coup, 
intending to repossess the White House, 
Death shackles him with the blind albatross 
till second coming of the Kangaroo 
who tries to kill birds in the world town square 
but Godiva still rules Scarborough Fair. 

My little horse with apple in her eye 
gives her harness bells a vigorous shake 
so we continue on to Demon Lake 
where Socrates drinks tea and wonders why 
world empires always vanish into dream 
while I fish in the cool mountain stream. 

Just as I arrive at the Gates of Heaven 
three angels with last message to mankind 
dissolve into butterflies of my mind 
so I accept mushroom from the Oak Raven 
which sparks in neural network of my brain 
vision of evolution in green rain. 

One hundred years after Tiresias 
wanders the waste land across Idaho 
I wake with aching heart of Romeo 
driving dark rain-wet streets of Vilnius 
to find Ophelia singing by the sea 
after she performs role of Liberty. 

Amazed at beauty of Multnomah Falls, 
I wonder how I found Elysium, 
purged by mental code of delirium, 
so I carve epic poem on temple walls 
to memorialize wise seekers of truth 
as incarnations of messiah sleuth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment