Monday, December 19, 2022

Humble Guard Of Sibylla

Humble Guard Of Sibylla
© Surazeus
2022 12 19

The color of the wind in this strange world 
pretends to understand the love I feel 
though I almost drown in pond of my thought 
attempting to see soul behind the mask 
that I wear as the face everyone sees 
because I like the pungent smell of red. 

We haunt each other in garden of light, 
forever circling trees just far apart 
to see each other among fluttering leaves 
as shadow of desire the mute sun casts 
because I want to ask you how you feel 
as we look past each other at the sky. 

The ladies in the market by the lake 
insist you are the oracle of Phoebus 
so people ask you what the unseen knows, 
but you tell them riddles that make me laugh 
so I think about softness of your lips, 
red as the cherry gleaming in the tree. 

Though you are distant as the shining moon 
you appear before me by pool of stars 
so I gaze lost in abyss of your eyes 
with wonder at strange beauty of your soul 
till my heart aches with passionate desire 
to hold you in my arms till we become. 

So when the haughty king from some far land, 
enraged by riddle you express in code, 
attempts to chain your hands with vulgar greed, 
I spring from shadow to arrest his hands 
and after fighting him with martial arts 
I swing wand of wisdom to whack his head. 

Somehow I find voice of love in my heart 
glowing bright enough to conjure my thoughts 
through eloquent sentence of my desire 
which conveys compassion of my selfless heart 
that motivates me to protect your life 
as humble guard of Sibylla the shy. 

Though all the haughty kings of our strange world 
kneel before your face in dark cave of dreams 
to receive wise words you channel from Phoebus, 
I see you as the shy delicate girl 
bathing in pond of truth with gentle grace 
who blushes when I give you fruit to eat. 

Removing mask that hides my fire-burned face, 
I tremble with fear you will run away, 
but you reach your hand to caress my scars, 
then hold me tight with joy as we make love 
so our souls swirl together in pure light 
with pleasure at creation of new life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment