Thursday, December 22, 2022

Across The Strangest Sea

Across The Strangest Sea
© Surazeus
2022 12 22

Dark bird that sings across the strangest sea 
may pierce my heart with ancient chill of hope 
so I choose how to live my life each day 
by building truth with matter-crafting hands 
for I have faith that we will meet again 
on timeless ocean sands of destiny. 

Church bells that ring across the strangest sea 
guide journey of my heart from tyranny 
to sail across the storm-wracked waves of fear 
till I land safe on shores of honesty 
where we build city shining on the hill 
firm on foundation of democracy. 

Frail ship that sails across the strangest sea 
bears all the sacred treasures of my heart 
in wakened minds of children borne from hope 
that we can build strong paradise of faith 
in hostile wilderness of hungry fear 
on fruited plains of self-made destiny. 

Our long journey across the strangest sea 
in quest for freedom to live as we will, 
where we create and try not to destroy, 
seems futile as we struggle every day 
to overcome harsh obstacles of death, 
but together we build democracy. 

Alone on wings across the strangest sea 
the feathered bird of our immortal hope 
guides us through storm to garden of fresh fruit 
where we hold hands and sing new hymns of faith 
that we can overcome suffering from fear, 
awake on chillest land of destiny. 

Though snow swirls wild across the strangest sea 
we gather safe in haven of our hopes 
where berries clothe the garden wall of faith 
so on the longest night of winter cold 
we share heart-warming light of glowing hearth 
while weaving dreams that form democracy. 

Our dreams flow bright across the strangest sea 
to focus clear cathexis of our hearts 
on Tree of Truth that grows from tombs of gods, 
investing energy of loving minds 
on bold idea that every human being 
is free to create their own destiny. 

I would fly home across the strange sea 
after four centuries of walking west 
to find our round Earth spins in starless void, 
but my ancient quest for truth is not done, 
so I sing vision beaming from my brain 
that generates our global democracy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment