Thursday, December 29, 2022

Return To Somewhere City

Return To Somewhere City
© Surazeus
2022 12 29

Every time I return to Somewhere City 
to find the doorless house on hill of skulls 
I climb the silver stairs of laughing trees 
where faceless people talk about the truth 
so I eat mushrooms ravens bring to me 
while floating in the Pegasus Cafe. 

I walk the hilly streets of Somewhere City 
past banks and hotels built from bones of giants 
where shiny windows reflect Shadow Me 
on my endless search for the perfect book 
that encodes history of the universe 
so I can remember why horses fly. 

Walking forever lost in Somewhere City, 
I hurry toward glass tower on the hill 
past buildings that billow and bulge with light 
to find the book with my complete life story 
that hovers on swan wings in temple hall 
yet run with my horse on the windy steppes. 

Stopping to look at map of Somewhere City 
that presents names of companies and streets 
in golden runes that glow with cold moonlight, 
I try to find myself in maze of myths 
so I can visit statue of Apollo 
who strums a tortoise lyre while horses play. 

Because no wolves run free in Somewhere City 
which proves priests lie about the afterlife 
I keep on walking in the silver wind 
past banks and churches with doors that are locked 
against the laughter of the flaming crow 
who shows me where the winged horse was born. 

Still wandering lost in maze of Somewhere City, 
I stop by polluted river of demons 
to play chess with Death in the treeless park 
who remembers his friend Antonius Block 
while Mia brings us strawberries and milk 
then gives ripe apple to the wingless horse. 

Dancing with smiling ghosts in Somewhere City, 
I paint the devil on wall of the church 
then ask the mute girl to call Lucifer 
so I can ask him why good people die 
but she gives me apple she stole from Death 
then rides to Elysium on Pegasus. 

Since I can never escape Somewhere City 
where I wander for twenty thousand years 
I play guitar by fountain of the ghost 
and sing about the god who falls to Earth 
to encode the Holy Grail in my brain 
while writing in the Pegasus Cafe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment