Sunday, December 11, 2022

Incarnation Of Phoebus

Incarnation Of Phoebus
© Surazeus
2022 12 11

The negative space in the hollow pot 
contains whole sorrow of my pulsing brain 
encased by precious illusions of hope, 
so I define this self I want to play 
as noble Phoebus of the drama stage 
who proclaims truth when my character dies. 

Whether in crowded cafes of Paris 
where poets and journalists define fate, 
or in bleak wilderness of Idaho 
where farmers till the soil with bleeding hands, 
I wear the mask of Phoebus all my life 
through resurrection of messiah sleuth. 

The dead horse rotting in the roadside ditch 
reveals the beautiful horror of life, 
so I run laughing in meadow of skulls 
where great kings fought for power of the crown 
countless years before my body was born 
as stereotype of Phoebus driven mad. 

I hitchhike across the town-cluttered land 
to find the beautiful Muse of my heart, 
but stand alone on street corners and sing 
riddles that prophesy her coming reign 
till I fall asleep by her apple cart, 
and wake up at dawn as Phoebus instead. 

When I decide to run for president 
because I descend from the long-dead king 
who conquered the world with hammer of truth 
I shall stand before people of the land 
and preach about family values of faith 
as incarnation of Phoebus on Earth. 

Though Phorbas tries to retake the White House 
in violent coup against Queen Liberty 
I rally angels of America 
to invade his golf course in Florida 
and free our great land from his tyranny 
so he curses Phoebus for his defeat. 

The negative space in the spinning Earth 
turbinates bright with energy of faith 
as psychic seed that molds material forms 
so our spirits blossom from chemicals 
through invisible wings of Icarus 
who calls me Phoebus as he falls to death. 

Waiting at the red light for time to flow, 
I gaze at homes on hills in drifting fog 
that sparkle with Christmas lights before dawn, 
awake with conscious awareness of self 
since spirit of Phoebus glows in my heart, 
so I stand on my car and sing of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment