Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Because I Remember

Because I Remember
© Surazeus
2022 12 14

Because I wear red dress of trembling leaves 
I draw figures of spirits in the sky 
which see me as the sign of who I am 
as if I taste sweet tears of the sad moon 
each time I split into a different self 
who walks down the road of another life. 

Because I hold persimmon in my hand 
clouds understand that I just might exist 
except my name floats away when I die 
becoming the butterfly of new hope 
reluctant to dream of electric sheep 
who graze in the abandoned church of lies. 

Because I cough blood on the laughing grass 
hills tell me I should know how to survive 
the corporate scheme of the abusive saint 
who wonders why rocks refuse to obey 
though we share our feelings in the mute rain 
by dislearning language our mother taught. 

Because I remember hour of my birth 
borders of nations trap us in our clans 
though we decide to purchase miracles 
eager to change my personality 
so everyone thinks I am someone else 
when I step through the locked theater door. 

Because I marvel at the tidiness 
of corpses lining train stations at dawn 
after flood waters cleanse the corrupt towns 
I crawl along the highway of dead trees 
to stare in cracked mirror of everywhere 
by threading my heart with roots of god brains. 

Because I cross the river of still change 
photos depicting souls who never lived 
erupt in flames of accidental faith 
preserved in Vatican archives as jokes 
which ruin the future of fossil souls 
who watch the eclipse of fake promises. 

Because I am too lazy to transcend 
walls of paradise that imprison me 
I choose to outlast all immortal gods 
encased in idols with ten thousand eyes 
by planting apple trees in parking lots 
where the god no one can see waits for me. 

Because I make new mask from the dead snake 
grass explains the real meaning of true love 
when needles weave our hearts in tangled mess 
of false memories we refuse to accept 
so I walk away from Heaven to find 
whatever treasure blossoms from my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment