Monday, February 19, 2024

Words I Sing Glow

Words I Sing Glow
© Surazeus
2024 02 19

Though I am sure my head is big enough 
to contain the whole universe of stars, 
I watch gold glow of sunset rays on oaks 
that listen to weird stories in my head 
replay lives my dead ancestors performed 
while strolling past houses their neighbors built. 

By morning all the shocking pendulums 
that stop me at conceptual gate of time 
process what happens in the blank abyss 
so when I stand before idol of God 
I direct traffic of fast motorcars 
so no one gets lost in the labyrinth. 

I would elect infinity of truth 
to go accomplish on the windy plain 
what only children understand is real 
till pixels allocate the new sublime 
for everyone to purchase at the shop 
when planes roar overhead with silver bombs. 

Forever passionate about world art 
that must depict the true state of affairs, 
we secretly report to the police 
dreadful thoughts horses try to hide from us 
though we are lost on field trip to acquire 
most expensive diamond my mother stole. 

Lounging on grassy hill by forest pool, 
Cernunnos wants to know where I have been, 
so I hide that I worship the White Owl 
who teaches me her liberal principles 
so I respect free will of every soul, 
and lie that I was gathering honeycombs. 

Yet bells of morning mispronounce my name 
because strange plans of hope now germinate 
from murky vision of invading keys, 
so with amoral urge to rule the world 
I foment revolutions against kings 
to break the chains of tyrants on our minds. 

Despite stark spoilage of the broken plan, 
I climb recessive rack of worried clouds 
to gaze into abyss of my whole heart 
while I fry fish on crackling flames of faith 
to feed five million refugees of war 
who tremble terrified of falling bombs. 

With lazy bones through spirit of the wolf 
I disappear in secret of my name 
so only seeds of dreams my brain broadcasts 
remain as traces of my flaming soul 
that flickers out in darkness of lost time 
though words I sing glow long after I die. 


No comments:

Post a Comment