Sunday, February 25, 2024

Reign Through Self-Control

Reign Through Self-Control
© Surazeus
2024 02 25

When I stop at the red light of despair, 
and wait for the universe to approve 
of my intention to escape mute Death, 
I feel strange heartbeat of eternal hope 
contain aggressive passion to succeed 
as I accelerate through self-control. 

Engine rumbling beside me in the lane, 
Death grins at me with contemptuous disdain 
as challenge to race me against my fate, 
so when the light turns green with wicked gleam 
I gun my engine with fuel of desire 
to race Death past Heaven through self-control. 

Zooming swiftly through endless city maze, 
past thousands of temples that worship Greed, 
I race against Death for the final goal 
as I accumulate rich property 
by scamming people with deceitful lies 
so I will own the most through self-control. 

Adjusting progress of my race for wealth, 
I stop before cathedral of dead kings 
and run inside vast tomb of voiceless ghosts 
to steal the Holy Grail from Hand of God 
who howls with rage because I mock his fraud, 
then continue fierce race through self-control. 

Descending stairway from Heaven to Hell, 
with seraphic wings of transcendent flight 
that I stole from lame heart of Icarus, 
I race to achieve great worldly success 
to steal halo crown from bowed head of Christ 
in my mission to reign through self-control. 

Ascending thirteen steps of social power, 
I climb flat-top Pyramid of the One Eye 
to crown myself King of America, 
determined to destroy opposing gangs 
in holy crusade to conquer the world 
when I confirm my soul through self-control. 

Facing Death on Pyramid of the One Eye 
with Wand of Zambor and Excalibur, 
I battle shining angels of the Lord 
to claim my rightful place as King of Earth, 
but though I behead Death ten thousand times 
he challenges my reign through self-control. 

Whether I am your Christ or Anti-Christ 
in endless battle between Good and Evil, 
I prove my worth when I find in my heart 
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind 
that casts me down to writhe in angst of Hell, 
yet still I rise to fight through self-control. 


No comments:

Post a Comment