Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Forgotten Bride Of Skye

Forgotten Bride Of Skye
© Surazeus
2024 02 07

Long years of waiting by the broken door 
erases my name from river of tears 
with tangled raspberry vines of desire 
that scent sea air with pungent attitude 
volatile as waves that discuss with rocks 
nature of love that binds strange hearts with trust. 

With fingerless claws of the hungry wolf 
I dig for words of potatoes from muck 
to tear from unreachable hell of fear 
my heart that howls louder than wind on crags 
jagged with laughter of pain I conceal 
while stumbling on the sideways slope of time. 

Frost-crystalled branches from obsessive oaks 
that stare at me with eyes of bitter faith 
jab my soft breast with incoherent rage 
when I trudge far across flat rain-wet heath 
to clutter frozen hearth with prayerful psalm 
that sparks flame of the sun with bloody hands. 

Baking potatoes in hot glowing coals 
of grim sarcastic proverbs ravens croak, 
I gasp for breath at sweet glow of flame heat 
that sears my tingling skin with ache of hope 
that jagged blades of ice deep in my bones 
may melt into tears of relief in Spring. 

If he ever returns to my small hearth 
from sailing west across the storm-wracked sea 
with treasures of gold from the Promised Land, 
he may find my body frozen as stone, 
and covered with red mushrooms of despair, 
then he could weep for me with bitter joy. 

Huddled under foul-smelling wolf-fur cloak, 
shivering as I cough gray clouds from my breast, 
I stare ten thousand years at flickering flames 
to watch young fairies with gossamer wings 
dance on my unmarked grave with gruesome glee 
as they tear my body into frail snakes. 

Dismembered into snakes with bloody eyes, 
I writhe with tingling buzz of ecstasy 
in fierce angelic spasms of despair 
that wind my separate bodies in tense clump, 
till bright Orpheus appears from sun beam 
which fills my pulsing brain with lightning words. 

Awake at gleam of dawn over blue hills, 
I sit up by cold embers in stone hearth, 
and feel my body whole again with light, 
so I eat apple from the storage bin 
and lean against the broken door to smirk 
since I am his forgotten bride of Skye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment