Monday, February 26, 2024

Every Human Life Has Worth

Every Human Life Has Worth
© Surazeus
2024 02 26

Though I would like to write of normal things 
and praise simple beauty of routine life, 
I cannot close my heart to sufferings 
millions of people experience through strife, 
so I will cry out to the empty sky 
and wonder that no God answers my Why. 

How birds flutter in trees and sing desire 
to generate new life before they die 
resembles people running to flee fire 
when bombs are fired to demolish their sky, 
yet I will shout outrage at the wild sea 
sacred law that all people should live free. 

What good is Heaven where no God of love 
reigns over Earth with laws of just deserts 
when tyrants claim right to rule from above 
in order to recruit mindless converts, 
though I scream tearfully in howling wind 
against which I break if I never bend. 

Since I refuse to prophesy their doom, 
and hide from duty to proclaim their crimes, 
cruel tyrants and their minions steal the broom 
employed by the wise seer to guide our times, 
till I howl laughing at indifferent moon 
since nothing changes from my honest tune. 

I turn my face away from genocide 
because my heart breaks with every dead child 
who cries for help as they drown in the tide 
even as the naked emperor smiled, 
but I turn back and face the bloodied king 
who howls with rage when I destroy his ring. 

I carry bodies bruised by cracked cement 
from heaps of rubble shattered by despair, 
surprised and shocked at horrible extent 
tyrants go to kill with martial fanfare, 
since I believe humans are good at heart 
though they keep tearing each other apart. 

Heart-wrenching agony, at brutal death 
so many humans suffer in cruel wars 
ten thousand years now, suffocates my breath 
as wingless angels battle dinosaurs, 
so I stumble dizzy against the door, 
because my voice is drowned by buzzing roar. 

I stand before Gate of Heaven at dawn 
where God reigns on gold throne of endless war, 
and douse my body with blood of the swan, 
then set myself on fire to mark the score 
while singing hymn to nurture peace on Earth 
to prove that every human life has worth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment