Sunday, February 25, 2024

Star Of Their Own Show

Star Of Their Own Show
© Surazeus
2024 02 25

Every soul is the star of their own show, 
performing role that blossoms from their heart 
after they suffer psychic death from fear 
when they see their own face in the abyss, 
and return from the desert with their truth 
that guides them as they play messiah sleuth. 

Convinced I am blind prophet of the moon, 
I stand outside front door of my quaint home 
and stare at shadows of elusive souls 
who strut and fret their hours on stage of hope 
till sound and fury of our social angst 
gets translated into romantic songs. 

Stuck in religious maze of ancient lies, 
I turn away from the crucified god 
and go on quest told in every folk tale 
as happy fool who prances off the cliff, 
then fly on wings of Icarus to find 
paradise lost in islands of the west. 

In ancient temple on the lonely isle 
I find statue of that god who plays lyre 
whose spirit glows with energy of love 
that reflects the spirit I choose to live, 
so I find spirit of my own true soul 
deep in hollow ocean cave of my heart. 

Though I am the star in my own life show, 
I prefer nobody watch me perform 
because all I do each hour of the day 
is create virtual worlds that imitate 
our real world in map terrains and dream poems 
where I play alone in my paradise. 

Though sons of Jesus reign as presidents 
with goal to build world empire of free will, 
I sit in backyard of my humble home 
and mutter prophecies no one can hear 
because the tyrant grasping at the crown 
will fall into Hell from his own vain pride. 

So while I strum the lyre of Mercury 
and sing strange riddles no one dares to read 
the timid flock of deer invade my yard 
and graze among oaks behind the white fence 
while glancing up at me with shining eyes 
as if I am Cernunnos in the flesh. 

When the tiny bells of Avalon ring 
to call me home across the stormy sea, 
I seek my solitude in mountain vale 
far away from social dramas of fame 
to sing strange beauty of this Earth I love 
because I am the star of my own show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment